Casting Cleanup

Home  Up

beginning of cleanup main housingAnother view of main casting

I have started in on the removal of flashing and de-burring the castings.  The main housing was the obvious first choice as the machining basically uses this as the reference for everything else.  I am guessing if I am productive I could be done with the process by late Saturday or possibly Sunday sometime.  I will not have much time between now (Wed 8/9) and the weekend to do much. 

I got most of the water box done and removed the flashing from the bottom so it sits flat on the bench.  The right side of the crank area is pretty much done.  Some of the timing boss side is done.  It will take some small dremel bits to get down in the nooks and crannies

Though I just had to get out there tonight and do something!